Writing in the Digital Age
Please note: Currently, I’m not teaching this course. Stay updated on e-course news by subscribing to RowdyKittens.
In this four-week, self-guided course, I will teach you how to tell your story in the digital age, how to feed your creative juices, how to make time to write, and much more. I’ll share insights, inspiration, and the lessons I’ve learned over the last five years as a writer, blogger and photographer. In addition, you’ll hear from a variety of guest experts too!
During this course you’ll receive:
- In-depth writing lessons that will empower you to write on your blog, in your journal, or wherever your heart desires.
- Access to a private blog, writing resources, and lesson archives.
- Writing prompts.
- The option to join a private Facebook group.
- At the end of the class, you’ll receive a PDF document that includes the course materials.
Below is a break-down of the course themes, along with a snap-shot of what you’ll learn:
- Week 1: The Foundation. In the first week, we’ll focus on developing a writing foundation. We will discuss key blogging and writing tips, how to create a writing plan, finding your writing voice, and more.
- Week 2: Make Time. Week two is about prioritizing writing. We’ll cover topics like tracking your time, how to finish large writing projects and the value of writing rituals.
- Week 3: Feed Your Creative Mojo. Week three is about creativity. You’ll learn how to capture ideas, how photography can enhance your writing, and why mini-adventures are so important.
- Week 4: Writing Practice. During the final week, you’ll receive writing prompts and inspirational photos. We’ll explore freestyle writing, your senses, and more.
How the Course Works
- Online & self-paced. You don’t need to be online at a specific time because this is a self-paced course. You’ll receive in-depth writing lessons, Monday through Friday, that will be posted to a private blog.
- Time. Since this is a self-pace course, you can set aside as much time to work on your writing as your schedule allows. If you miss a day, that’s okay. At the end of the class, you’ll receive a PDF document that includes the course materials.
- Needs. Since this is an ecourse, you’ll need access to a computer, the Internet, and an email account. You’ll also need a pen and journal. It’s not a requirement, but a camera will come in handy too. During the course, we’ll talk about how photography can enhance your writing. If you have a camera, I’d encourage you to use it.
- Sharing. We’ll be using a private Facebook group to connect and share our work. Sharing on Facebook is optional, not required. I highly recommend this option because it’s a great way to meet a community of writers.
- Next class: TBA
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Cost: TBA
“Writing in the Digital Age was the best personal investment I have made all year!” ~Marian Knowles
“Before I started this course, I wanted to write more, but was often unable to bring myself to do so. The lessons helped me to break through my creative blocks not only to write more, but also to build a frame of mind that keeps me consistently creating. I am very happy with the content and the support I received from this ecourse!” ~Brandy Burgess
“Writing in the Digital Age was my first online course. I loved it! The course was very well organized, with clear objectives, and a lot of feedback. I’d never written a journal before the course, now I am journaling everyday; and I am starting a blog as well. The prompts were creative, and opened several doors for my imagination. Tammy is an excellent teacher; she has the gift of passing on her knowledge. I’ve learned a lot in writing and about myself . I have a Ph.D., in science, and after this course I feel I’ve gotten a Ph.D., in writing.” ~Elizabeth Fidalgo da Silva
“Although I’m a seasoned writer, I thoroughly appreciated Tammy’s course Writing in the Digital Age. The course prompts offered the impetus to dig in, and explore all aspects of who I am as a writer, helping me to expand limiting concepts. Tammy brings a large dose of creativity to her writing process and the course lessons as well, which also pushed my boundaries in a positive way, providing me with new avenues of expression, and reconnecting me to the power of handwriting in my journal. I felt refreshed at the end of the course, and infused with new inspiration and energy.” ~Sandra Pawula
“Tammy’s writing prompts were like a daily conversation with a trusted friend. They encouraged me to examine many different aspects of writing and to fine tune my own writing practice. The Facebook group was a wonderful bonus and acted as a supportive digital get together with other writers.” ~Linda Aitkin
“Tammy’s course came at just the right time for me as a writer. I have written a blog for years but struggled with focus and direction. I also felt lost in this new age of digital media and had many questions about how, when, and where to write. Tammy’s course not only addressed these issues for me, but also introduced me to community of other writers who are all working through the same issues and challenges. By connecting with Tammy I feel like I have plugged in to a larger movement of progressive thinkers and writers who are using digital media to create lasting positive change in the world. I come away from the course feeling more positive and purposeful in my writing than I have since childhood.” ~Sara Stasi
“I signed up for Writing in the Digital Age to carve out the time for more writing in my very full life. What I got was so much more. Tammy’s consistent writing practice is one of the many things I admire about her. In this class, she breaks her practice into its components and shares it in neat lessons full of insights and actions that have helped me to find what I was looking for. Total bonuses are: the community of supportive writers I’ve met through the class, our private facebook page that stays open “forever”, the .pdf compilation of the entire course, the writing resources, Tammy’s audio lessons. If you are considering taking this class, do it! It is a gift you give yourself.” ~Hari Berzins
“Thank you so much for a wonderful course! It was the first time I declared to myself, ‘I am a writer, and I would benefit from something like this.’ And I very much did! I downloaded the PDF and know I will use it in the years ahead.” ~Jennie
“This time last year, I never thought about being a writer. My sole experience with putting my thoughts on paper was in the business world of letters, reports, contracts and emails. I started blogging to share our adventures as my husband and I prepare to sell everything and downsize our lives. I have come a long way since my trembling finger clicked the Publish button for the first time and Writing in the Digital Age has been instrumental in my believing that maybe I can become a ‘real’ writer. Each lesson flowed so perfectly into the next – covering new concepts and building a strong foundation that I sorely needed.” ~Nancy Thompson
If you have questions about the course, please email me: tammy(at)rowdykittens(dot)com.